My research interests include assessing wildlife-human interactions through fisheries, tourism and the influence of climate breakdown. I also study the complex social and foraging behaviours of coastal dolphins as a PrincipaI Investigator on the long-running Shark Bay Dolphin Research (www.sharkbaydolphins.org). I have broad interests in behavioural ecology and the conservation of biodiversity. I'm an avid field biologist, drone pilot and wildlife photographer.
- 2020 Acoustic coordination by allied male dolphins in a coopertive context. Proceedings of the Royal Society B In press
- 2019 Tool use and social homophily among male bottlenose dolphins. https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rspb.2019.0898
- 2019 Declines in dolphin survival and reproduction following a heatwave. https://www.cell.com/current-biology/fulltext/S0960-9822(19)30217-9?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS0960982219302179%3Fshowall%3Dtrue
- 2017 Sexual displays involving marine sponges by Australian humpback dolphins. rdcu.be/w3tL
- 2017 Abundance and fidelity of dolphins to a trawl fishery. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-05189-0